Why you should write down your goals for 2016 (and the system I’m using for mine)

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 16.47.49

I’ve never told you this before, but I have a serious stationery fetish.

I go nuts for beautiful notebooks and even crazier for inspirational planning products.

When it comes to the latter, I’ve tried all sorts over the years. But today I want to tell you about these workbooks from Leonie Dawson’s Shining Biz & Life Academy, as they take the concept to a whole new level!

Beautifully illustrated throughout, they make planning your year an unmitigated joy.

And for that reason they would make an awesomely thoughtful and unique gift for your like-minded bestie, colleague, sister, daughter, mum, wife or girlfriend…not to mention for you!

A question for you, gorgeous…

Do you regularly write down your goals?

If you don’t, you could really be missing out.

Did you know that a Harvard study found that 10 years after graduation, the 3% of MBA graduates who had clear, written goals were earning 10 times more than the other 97% put together?

Even if making more moolah isn’t a pressing priority in your life, this statistic illustrates the amazing power of committing your goals to writing.

And the phrase I’ve heard most often about these particular workbooks, from those who’ve used them long term and swear by them, is that they are “utterly transformational”.

Leonie’s workbooks have been used by over 200,000 women since she first launched them in 2009.

The life goals workbook guides you in mapping out your health and wellness goals, self-care goals, creativity goals, family goals, financial goals, career goals, bucket list goals, your dream day, your affirmations for year…and a ton more besides. There’s also a business goals workbook, and both workbooks clock in at a hefty 140(ish) pages.

The 2016 diary/planner not only has space for you to plan out each week and month, but also guides you through a review process at the end of each month, so you can get clear on what worked and what didn’t – followed by a check-in process during which you set your focus, intentions and goals for the month ahead.

I went for the Biz Bundle, which includes the two workbooks (life goals and biz goals), the 2016 diary/planner, a 2016 wall calendar/planner, and printable daily to-do sheets.

You can purchase each of these items separately, too, but if you want them all, like I did, the Biz Bundle is great value at £42.87 ($64.95 US) for the whole caboodle. With this bundle you also get digital versions of the life and business goals workbooks (which are available for purchase as separate items, too) as well as all the physical products.

I could go on, but if you’d like to find out more about all of the planners and workbooks on offer, it’s best that you hop on over to Leonie’s website, where she’ll give you a peek inside them, while walking you through all the deets. (Edit: the 2016 workbooks are no longer available).

I placed my order earlier this month and since this company is based in Australia and I’m in the UK, was stunned (not to mention ecstatic) when it landed on my doorstep two days later. Top marks for infrastructure, and customer service, Shining Biz & Life Academy!

Whether you choose to invest in one or more of these planners, an alternative system, or plain old pen and paper, I hope you’ll take the time to commit your goals for 2016 to writing!

Sarah xo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *