New Year’s resolutions…
I’m busy making mine and if you’re making some too, I encourage you to spend time getting really clear on where you’re at in your life, where you’re trying to get, and what you need to do to get from A to B.
If you could use some guidance, consider these ten questions from the book Your Best Year Yet by Jinny Ditzler (the first four are about the year that’s just ending):
1. What did I accomplish?
2. What were my biggest disappointments?
3. What did I learn?
4. How do I limit myself and how can I stop?
5. What are my personal values?
6. What roles do I play in my life?
7. Which role is my major focus for next year?
8. What are my major goals for each role?
9. What are my top ten goals for next year?
10. How can I make sure I achieve my top ten goals?
If you just take a couple of hours to sit with your journal and work through these questions, you’ll gain valuable insights.
But if you feel inspired to work through this exercise in full, I encourage you to pick up a copy of this great little book. If your local bookstore doesn’t carry it, you’ll find it on Amazon.
It contains a full chapter on each question, with (among other things) many sub-questions to really help you pinpoint where you need to be focusing your time and energy in the coming months.
Here’s to 2013 being your best year yet!