The avocado is loaded with healthy fats and potassium, and it’s a great source of B vitamins and vitamin E.
It helps your body absorb fat-soluble nutrients, it’s anti-inflammatory and has been shown in studies to improve liver health.
Guacamole can transform any salad into an event, and also makes a fantastic dip, spread or wrap filling.
Do you like yours smooth or chunky? Mild or spicy? This is a simple recipe you can adapt to your tastes, adding more or less chilli and garlic, and blending for more or less time depending on the texture you’re after.
- 2 ripe avocados, de-stoned, peeled and chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small piece red chilli, finely chopped
- pinch of natural salt (I recommend this range)
1. Place lime juice, garlic, chilli and salt in a blender or food processor and whizz until smooth.
2. Add the avocado and pulse until you get the desired consistency.